Campus Advisory Access the latest updates, FAQs, and resources for the Adelphi community on the global coronavirus pandemic. » COVID-19 Updates

Coronavirus Updates on Operations: Department or campus operations may be modified during this time. Please call or email the department for more information or visit

International Services

Tax Requirements for Students and Scholars

All F-1 and J-1 international students and scholars who were present in the U.S. during any portion of the calendar year are required to file tax forms with the United States Internal Revenue Service for that year.

This is true whether or not the individual has worked in the U.S., gained income in the U.S., or received a scholarship during the past calendar year. All individuals in the United States who have income must file a U.S. tax return. Nonresidents for tax purposes must complete either Forms 1040NR-EZ or the longer 1040-NR.

International Services and Adelphi University is not able to provide any guidance or information on tax filing obligations or forms. If you have questions or need assistance with your tax filing obligations or forms, please contact the IRS directly.

IRS Resources

Follow Adelphi Global at:  

Follow Adelphi International Life at:   

For further information, please contact:

International Services
Post Hall, Room 203
p – 516.877.4990
e –

Apply Now
Request Information